If you are a full-service mover conducting inventory for a customer, among the paperwork that you would have to ask a client to sign is an itemized list of everything. This is known as an inventory sheet. Taking an inventory is a great way to ensure that everything is accounted for before and after a move. The client can also double-check and tick off each item as it comes off your moving truck. But we all know that man is prone to error, and the moving process isn’t always smooth. When things go wrong, customers may have cause to file a claim.
Property claims and mountains of paperwork will only slow you down. The alternative? Utilizing an intuitive, easy-to-use software for moving companies with an inventory feature. This will not only make your job much easier, but it also offers a simple solution to tracking a customer’s property during the packing and unpacking process. The moving company software can also be useful when you want to determine the condition of the items being packed, and also comes handy for weight and cost estimation purposes.
Do you handle multiple moves at the same time and need a streamlined way to keep historical data of your previous jobs including the associated replacement costs for insurance purposes? Using a moving software inventory management tool instead of a spreadsheet that is prone to damage or human error is your answer. Any information that you enter into the digital household inventory moving software is all saved securely to its Cloud. Here, it is not only easily accessible from any mobile device but you can also generate a PDF report for future reference.
Gone are the old methods of taking paper inventory of a client’s high-valued items, collectibles or unique pieces. Today you can store all this information in a moving company software for the following benefits:
- Increases customer satisfaction and provide them with peace of mind knowing that their possessions have been adequately valued, packed, stored, transported, etc.
- Helps you specify the attributes for each item in the moving inventory list using a box identifier, destination room, markers for fragile or bulky items, and description of the contents in each packing box
- Simplifies pricing
- Substantiates and expedites potential insurance claims
- Evaluates the adequacy of a client’s insurance in the event of loss or damage to their property
- Preserves current and historical data for all moves that your company has handled
Creating a useful home inventory list can be a time-consuming and challenging task, but the right moving company software can save you time even protect your company against uncorroborated claims.